The Pink Singers newsletter – it’s packed full of news, reviews, insider information and previews of upcoming concerts with London’s LGBT community choir. Subscribers also get newsletter exclusives: coverage you simply won’t get anywhere else!
Friends of the Pink Singers who have bought tickets via our box office will already have been offered the chance to join our newsletter mailing list. Now you can too – just enter your details in the boxes below and click ‘subscribe’.
By clicking ‘submit’, you agree to have your email address added to our mailing list – you’ll get no more than one newsletter a month, and can unsubscribe at any point. The Pink Singers takes your privacy seriously. We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or companies. For more information refer to our data protection policy.
Other ways to follow the Pink Singers
Our data protection policy
The Pink Singers need to collect and use personal data about people including past, present and prospective members of the choir and our audience in order to function effectively. We recognise that the lawful and correct treatment of personal data is very important to operating successfully and maintaining our supporters’ confidence in us.
Any personal data which we collect, record or use in any way whether it is held on paper, digitally or in other media will have appropriate safeguards applied to it to ensure that we comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. We fully endorse and adhere to the eight principles of data protection as set out in the Act.
These principles state that personal data must be:
- fairly and lawfully processed.
- processed for limited purposes and not in any other way which would be incompatible with those purposes.
- adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- accurate and kept up to date.
- not kept for longer than necessary.
- processed in line with the data subject’s rights.
- kept secure.
- not transferred to a country which does not have adequate data protection laws.
In order to meet the requirements of the principles, we will:
- observe the conditions regarding the fair collection and use of personal data.
- meet our obligations to specify the purposes for which personal data is used.
- collect and process appropriate personal data only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements.
- ensure the quality of personal data used.
- apply strict checks to determine the length of time personal data is held.
- ensure that the rights of individuals about whom the personal data is held, can be fully exercised under the Act.
- take appropriate security measures to safeguard personal data.
- ensure that personal data is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards.
When we collect any personal data from you, we will inform you why we are collecting your data and what we intend to use it for.
We operate a responsible policy relating to publicity and marketing and do not share or give personal details of our members or audience to any other organisation. We may occasionally contact members of the public by post or email with details of events and products offered by the Pink Singers. If they do not wish to be marketed in this way they can contact the Secretary at email@example.com or BM Pink Singers, London WC1N 3XX (quoting their full name and email address).
Under the Data Protection Act, any individual may write to the secretary at the above address and request a copy of the information which we hold about them. We reserve the right to charge the maximum fee payable in terms of the Data Protection Act for providing this information. If the details are inaccurate they will be amended on request.
The Pink Singers use a number of third-party services which have their own policies on data protection.