The now legendary Pink Singers annual weekend away took place a week before Christmas, and was packed with festive delights! After piling on the bus down to Sussex with fellow choir members, the party and workshops started in earnest.
My highlights would have to be:
- The peaceful, picturesque location offering a welcome change to bustling London
- Singing choir songs around the camp fire… even if we were ever so slightly out of tune and time… let’s blame the mulled wine for that
- Learning how to sing well with the brilliant Sam Kenyon, including putting on a country western accent by replacing words with ‘quack’!
- The meticulously organised and delicious Christmas dinner for 70 people, served by elves and reindeer
- The price! How they ever managed to organise such a well-catered weekend on such a small budget is just amazing!
Having the opportunity to get to know so many members of the choir – they are such a genuinely great bunch of crazy people and I’m looking forward to more hilarious, fun nights in 2014!
Photographs by Hsien Chew and Simon Pearson